Do I just disappear so I can use the wealth of Sherlock gifs available in this glorious age of information?
No. I swear I wouldn’t do that to you, kids. But… the Sherlock gifs are a plus.
Anyway, I’m back, so hello! Sorry for disappearing, and you’re welcome for turning back up. I realize we haven’t talked in awhile, so here are a few things just to update you on my life in the last… *checks* semester. Yikes.
I accomplished a lot of Very Important Tasks.
- Finishing my second-to-last semester of college. *bows to applause* Yes, yes, thank you.
- Writing a parody of The Phantom Menace (yes, I’m playing Qui-Gon, no, you may not see the script).
- Watching Star Wars and the original Wrath of Khan for the first time. Yes, I liked the prequels better than the originals, and yes, I liked Benedict Cumberbatch better than Ricardo Montalban. Please don’t eat me.
- Watching The Greatest Showman, which I loved, and The Last Jedi, which… well, I still don’t know what I think about it.
- Reading the Revenge of the Sith novelization. I’m officially prequel trash, I guess.
- Dyeing my hair temporarily auburn (which I’m totally going to do again, btw).
- Finally reading A Picture of Dorian Grey and the first two Mistborn books (ugh, feels).
- Reaching 20,000 words in my NaNo project and 21,000 in my other super-secret project.
- Learning how to live with and (eventually) overcome depression and anxiety.
- Realizing in a much deeper way just how much I need God and realizing just how much He loves me, even when I don’t believe it.
Honestly, so much happened that I’m having trouble figuring out how to put the last few months into one post. So for now, the list will have to do, and I’ll share a bit more in the blog posts to come.
Speaking of writing, I started my other novel.
And I suppose I haven’t actually… told you anything about it yet, have I?
Well, let’s remedy that. Have another list.
- The working title is The Flower Assassin.
- It is about a) a depressed INTJ assassin, b) his bossy older sister, c) a flirty intern, and d) a lonely governor who are all thrown by fate (ie, a cynical author) into one another’s lives.
- The scene outline is currently 20 pages long. (I’m a planner, okay?)
- It is a spec fic (the specifics of setting are still tbd) that involves murder, infinite sadness, and kissing.
- There are Pinterest boards for it here.
- The story in my head is awesome, and frankly I’m terrified that I won’t be able to do it justice. (But that won’t stop me from trying.)
And I guess that’s it for now. I really am sorry for disappearing, guys. I’ll try to do better now that I actually have brainpower and a life outside of school. I have a lot of good ideas for blog posts… they just have to get written.
Deus vult, I’ll see y’all next week. Until then, happy writing or reading or whatever you do.